Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Calling In Sick to Doctor's Appointment


Yes, you read that correctly.  This morning, I have an appointment for a consultation for kineseology, than a driving adaptation test in LA.  That's about 120 miles away.
I have had a sore throat for about two days now, then this morning I woke up with a cough.   Time to go into fight mode, and rest.
Plugging through a cold may result in making it harder for my body to fight it.  Because of my comprised esophagus due to Barrat's, esophageal reflux scarring and open epiglottis, I am even more susceptible to an infection in my lungs.  I cannot let this get worse.  So, if anyone needs me, I will be the couch.  I'll probably occasionally do something online because resting can be boring.  Right now, I'm going back to sleep.
I would love to write more, but I'm resting, so if you could, please read about how we lost the great Bernie Mac to pneumonia.  Bernie Mac had Sarcoidosis.
Also, learn about patients living with sarcoidosis by checking out Caring Hands Sarcoidosis Network of Michigan and Life with Sarcoidosis on twitter and  The Bernie Mac Foundation.
Have a great day everyone, I'll be resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment