Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm Ready To Live

Who wouldn't want to stay in their nice comfy bed after the alarm goes off, but my snooze button addiction had become out of control. Today, I tried something different. I used my new phone as an alarm clock this morning and there was a way to name my alarm. At first, I called it, "Wake up asshole!” Possible left over attitudes about morning left over from boot camp. Then I thought about waking up to calling myself an asshole first thing in the morning and realized I was going about this all wrong. Perhaps it wasn't my fatigue that was keeping my hand on the snooze button, maybe it was my attitude. So I changed the name of my alarm to, "If you wake up this early, you are going to have a great day!” You know what, it worked. I didn't hit the snooze button. I stopped the alarm, got up, had breakfast and even took all my meds without having to remind myself. Maybe I'm onto something. I have been so negative for so long. A good friend asked me recently why I think things continue to go down hill for me. My answer was I always think, "What next?" Today, I see that I have reached that point of letting go of "What next?" and allowing the true feeling of, "I'm ready to live" and start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment