Sunday, June 30, 2013

Scleroderma Awareness Month is Over...




As a scleroderma patient, I feel this would be my time to list my wishes.  Of course World Scleroderma Awareness Day isn't Christmas.  But the last hour in the month of Scleroderma Awareness Month is a great time to make requests.   You know how we tell our kids to make a list for Santa, the Great Pumpkin or "NAME HERE". Because even if there is no Santa, the Great Pumpkin or "NAME HERE", there is always an eager parent or loved one looking to fulfill at least one wish of many, on a list of wishes.  Right now there are researchers working on a cure to fulfill at least one of my wishes.  And there are doctors trying to fulfill the wishes of patients around the world.   Yes, I am equating researchers and those helping them to Santa's Elves.  They do they work they do because someone, somewhere said, "I wish I could help."
So, how about the Scleroderma Giraffe?  Yes, my "NAME HERE",  being will be to the Scleroderma Giraffe.  And instead of elves, the Scleroderma Giraffe has gnomes.  (What?  You don't like the Scleroderma Giraffe?  Write your own damn blog.)
Dear Scleroderma Giraffe,
First, I would like to say that it is really cool that you are able to have your head so high, then bring it down low to drink water, then bring it back up without passing out.   That is really cool.
I have a lot to ask, so I've narrowed it down to two.
1.  You know I'm going to ask for a cure.  (I had to ask.)  Click here for the Peter Griffin Argument. 
2.  Okay, how about some more of those breakthroughs in research?  Thanks for the break throughs so far, and I look forward to celebrating more.
Well, I think that covers it for now.  I could  go on for days with requests, but I would really like it if you paid less attention to what I'm writing and get back to helping the gnomes with research.  I know you are able to read faster  because of your giraffe magic, but there are lots of patients who can't wait one extra minute.
Sincerely,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment